IT Asset Management team will be responsible to manage all TI owned IT Assets as per
TII guidelines. A single supplier will be chosen for the Asset Management domain. Specifics of the Asset Management scope-of-work are provided below. Support Coverage:
Standard Working Time: Onsite at TII Facilities
8 AM to 8 PM Monday to Friday
(Not including TII and Statutory Holidays)
Non-Standard Working Time: All other times not covered in Standard Working Time
Non-Standard Working Time Coverage Plan: Bidders shall propose a Coverage Plan to provide minimal support during Non-Standard Working Time. Note: Candidate must have Entire Asset lifecycle knowledge
- Level2 Team Skill Requirements:
- Bidders shall have the ability to provide personnel who are experienced in Asset
- Management. This shall include the ability to manage Original Equipment Manufacturers
- (OEM) personnel deployed to TII locations to facilitate Annual Maintenance Contracts
- (AMCs), repairs etc. The team shall also have a team leader who will be coordinating the day to day operations.
- Zero Time Lost due to Incorrect Ticket Assignment and/or Escalation
- Zero Escalations due to Poor Customer Service Etiquette
- 100% accurate data maintained in the TI Asset Management System
- 100% asset records maintenance at the end of each working day
Reports, Analysis & Recommendations:
The Project Manager for the Supplier chosen for the Asset Management shall be responsible for:
Asset Management Responsibilities: Hardware Asset Management:
- Ensure the resources have the required skillsets/training to carry out the daily tasks.
- Ticket Data Collection and Report Generation per TII Guidelines
- Provide Daily Ticket Statistical Reports, including Escalated Tickets
- Analyze Ticket Data & Statistics
- Provide TII Management with Recommendations for Continuous Improvement and/or Corrective Action Planning
- Overlook the functioning of the team to ensure streamlined operations.
Receive IT equipment from the Goods Receiving department and create an inventory for the same
Ensure that all IT euipments are labeled and inventoried per TI guidelines.
Deploy, track and manage assets in all the TI India locations. (including subcons)
Create and maintain records of all TI owned assets.
Record/maintain all activities related to Installations, Movements and deployments
Generate Daily, Weekly, and Monthly reports as per TII Requirements
- Provide support to TII Teams on processes related to bonding, de-bonding, etc
- Coordinate with Logistics and the Site Security Teams and follow the set guidelines for Asset movements.
- Work with IT Support team members & suppliers on Hardware (spares) replacement
- Timely alerts to the concerned stakeholders (not less than 60-days) on expiry of AMC or Warranty of IT equipments.
- Prompt alerts (not less than 90-days) on TI Lease Expiration notifications to the concerned stakeholders.
- Coordinate with TII Finance and Logistics teans on the e-waste movement for surplussed assets.
- Conduct quarterly audits on the client and datacenter equipment and the TI Asset Management System to ensure accuracy of data.
- Coordinate and Manage the Asset Tech Refresh Projects (Laptops)
- Coordinate and Manage bulk movement of assets when required.
- Spares Management:
- Supplier is responsible for coordinating and tracking all spares in IT stores.
- Working with Logictics team for debonding of spares before its return to the vendor
- Update the database of all such spare replacements.
- Asset Database:
- Update new installations, moves, additions & changes in the TI Asset Management System
- Active participation in projects related to Asset & Database Management.
- Interact/coordinate with TI WW Asset Management Team to ensure compliance with TI IT Guidelines
- Provide periodic reports.
- Be a laison to various IT domains to help escort IT vendors into the TI Datacentre to carry out:
- New hardware installation
- Repairs and maintenance of existing datacenter assets
- Thorough Inventory of datacenter assets
- Follow guidelines for the management of datacenter assets
- Movement and installation of equipment in the datacenter
- Labeling/tracking of assets
- Quarterly/Annual audits
- Bonding/Debonding of Assets:
- Managing/Tracking/Tracing of bonded IT equipment (datacenter + infrastructure)
- Identifying unwanted assets periodically and working with logistics to send out the assets to the e-waste vendor.
- Lease Management:
- Tracking of lease expiry dates
- Coordination with various vendors to process the lease returns
- Supervision of the packing and return of servers
- Update the records in the TI Asset Management System
Asset Management Responsibilities shall NOT include:
Management of TI Lab Equipments
Forecasting of IT equipment Tape Management:
Tape Management additional SLA Metrics:
- Tape Inventory Management:
- TII data tapes are stored at TII onsite and offsite locations
- Supplier has to manage the complete tape inventory
- Segregation of tapes as per barcode labels, backup cycle date
- Supplier to ensure new tapes are properly labeled and the inventory updated
- Loading/Unloading of tapes from Tape library
- Prepare tapes for racking/stacking/packing at TII onsite and offsite facility
- Storage of data tapes in the designated tape room.
- Inventory should be at a tape level
- Supplier has to ensure the tapes are properly handled and transported in turtle cases & other equipment provided by TII.
- Zero Time Lost due to tape transportation
- Zero Escalations due to tape handling
- 100% accurate tape inventory at all times